Affirmation
It's tiring in the beginning of the week: early 3-hour recitation session on Monday & Wednesday (in which I answer F.5 Physics questions for US college students non-stop); the Martech group is rushing to order photomask for photolithography; journal presentation yesterday in the lab meeting...etc.
However, I enjoyed the presentation yesterday. The paper was fun, and I hope I can fabricate structures like that one day, for good uses.
This morning, back to the lab from class, I bumped into Gregg in the hallway. Gregg Hoffman, whom my boss said we want to impress, is a lab manager upstairs and an affiliate to our lab. Senior researcher who, curiously, lives on a boat. Tough guy...he graduated from a tough adviser who used to affiliate with the navy.
Anyhow, he greeted me in the hallway: "I just stopped by your lab but couldn't find you. I was gonna say, I really enjoy your presentation yesterday. You are comfortable with your materials, know it well and definitely have an interest in it."
:) I enjoy the presentation too. I notice a pattern that people tend to chip in a lot in my presentations, which I also enjoy, especially when my presentation made the work understandable.
Gregg is a nice guy, and obviously enthusiastic about research - and bringing up students. While I am starting up a database called "affirmations", this becomes the first entry - it will feel good to look back and read some flattering comments, especially when you get frustrated and need some boost.
posted by Campion @ 10:58:00 AM
<< Home