Saturday, April 30, 2005

Outside of The Box

Last year, when I was taking Electromagnetism at Penn, the professor gave us an homework assignment - a problem to be solved with an "unconventional" solution.

Professor said, "Think Outside of The Box!". I did the problem, relatively easily; it was not that I am smart, nor that I am more creative. But I saw a similar problem once.

Creativity. Hong Kong has been calling for creativity for years - creative management, creative production, creativity seminar ......

Creativity does not come from nothing; creativity is not an in-born gift. Some people think "outside of the box"; they are not bounded to a frame. They can, because they have a bigger frame, a box that bigger than all the others.

Their boxes were small, but they expand. They read, they traveled, they tried, they failed. They think outside of the box, because their boxes include those of others.

Creativity comes from trials and errors, from experience and failures, of ourselves and others.


posted by Campion @ 9:45:00 AM