Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Appreciation

Wanna write in Chinese originally, but an email from my long missed Russian friend provokes me to write in English.

First, appreciation. Thanks Yunily and Joyce for thinking of, and sympathizing my bad cooking, who even take time to prepare my lunch:) Especially grateful of Joyce, who cooks this week. Your food is tasty:)

Other than actual appreciation, the title is actually about appreciation itself. Joyce, it actually is a good reminder from you - to walk more slowly and appreciate the surrounding. This recalls my memory.

Once, I had kept a soft heart, which is, although often sendimental, largely soothed by the beauty of the world. Until an unknown point in history, then I turned and walked fast - petrified and dare not slowing down. More than three years ago I wrote a passage about masks; could speed itself be a disguised mask which hides itself from conscious avoidance?

Rush, one of the greatest evils from the devil itself. I could not even notice the pace before being pulled from behind. Indeed, I used to praise for the sunshine, for the indefinite of nature and for the snow. For as small as the green plants struggling to live, to as big and fearful as a storm, I admire them all.

But now I grow in ignorance and indifference, making excuses out of my exploited rations. My heart, look beyond and rejoice. Do you hear your neighbor singing? In a tone reminescent of the deep mountains in China. Do you smell the green? Which decorates the Almighty's footstep. My heart, embrace them all, and be nurtured in such blessings.

My heart, you don't live for the present, but you live in the present. It is the best of time, so I slow down, stop and reflect, here, and now.


posted by Campion @ 7:11:00 PM